Apply for a Home Loan Online
Apply for a home loan online with Finwise. With over 30 trusted home loan lenders, we can offer you the most suitable rate all from the comfort of your own home.
Our Home Loan Application Process
The process to get your home loan can be broken down to six simple steps.
- Apply online or talk to one of our experienced home loan brokers to determine your borrowing power
- Search for your potential new home
- Place an offer or a bid
- Finalise your finance
- Sign the contract
Get the Most Suitable Home Loan Rate with Finwise
With over 30 trusted home loan lenders, be sure to find the most suitable home loan rate to suit your lifestyle.
Home Loans to Suit You
When it comes to acquiring a home loan, there are many choices. We will be able to help you choose the one most suitable for your situation. Here’s a breakdown of the types of home loans you can access.
Fixed vs variable rate home loan
- A fixed home loan means the lender locks in the interest rate for the loan, this can be anywhere from one to five years. This can give you security by knowing exactly how much your loan repayments will be, however you could miss out on a lower interest rate should they fall. A variable rate home loan simply means that the interest rate on your home loan may increase or decrease and the repayments adjust accordingly.
Interest only home loan
- An interest only home loan allows you to solely pay for the home loan’s interest before paying the principal (the amount borrowed). There’s usually a maximum of 5 years to pay for the interest only and usually the repayments are lower. This is especially beneficial if you have other payments to make on the home like renovations. However, the lender will evaluate whether you are eligible for this type of loan.
Introductory home loan
- Some home loans offer an introductory interest rate which is lower to attract new buyers, also known as a honeymoon rate, whichit generally lasts for 1-3 years before the rate increases.
Self employed home loan
- When applying for a home loan as a self-employed individual, there are usually a few extra documents required, such as:
- Evidence that your ABN has been registered for at least 2 years
- The previous 2 years of personal and business tax returns
- Profit and loss statements and balance sheets covering the previous 2 years
Split rate (principal and interest) home loans
- A split rate home loan gives you the best of both worlds. This loan allows you to set a portion of the loan with a fixed rate and the rest of the loan as a variable rate. This means that you are secured for a portion of the loan and you can take advantage of the variable loan rates should the rate drop.
Choosing the Most Suitable Mortgage Broker
To find a home loan online, it’s important you choose a broker who can offer you a variety of options for your situation. We have access to over 30 trusted home loan lenders, allowing us to help you find a great value home loan.
Going to multiple lender to find a home loan can negatively impact your credit score, so it’s always wise to choose a broker who you know has access to the widest range of potential loan products like Finwise Home Loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
What is lender’s mortgage insurance (LMI) and do I need it?
For example, if the cost of the property you want to purchase is $400,000, then the 20% deposit required is $80,000. However, if you have $40,000 saved and can prove that you can afford the loan repayments, the lender will be able to give you a $360,000 loan plus LMI and other fees.
The benefit of LMI is that you can enter the property market sooner, without having the full deposit, stop paying rent and you won’t need to have a guarantor to secure your loan.